Choose a help topic from this list:
(or use the Master Help Index)
FAQsNeed more help? Click Here
Test your network connection
Software Setup Instructions
New to SFF Net?
Your SFF Net Account
About the Newsgroups
About SFF Net Email
About the Chatrooms
People Pages & Hosted Domains
Your SFF Net People Page
Your People Newsgroup
SFF Net Email Requirements
Email submitted to the SFF Net email servers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Email accepted for outgoing delivery must be sent from an authenticated SFF Net user using the SMTP AUTH protocols.
- Outgoing email must have the Mail From: address set to a valid user at the correct SFF Net domain for the sending account (no spoofing).
- Outgoing email must have at least one valid recipient specified in the TO: field.
- The number of recipients permitted in the TO:, CC:, and BCC: fields is limited to discourage bulk mailing.
- SFF Net does not permit the use of its systems to accept, transmit, or distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam).
- Mail auto-forwarded from an SFF Net account to any external email address is subject to spam, virus, and other filtering.
- Incoming email should be compliant with all current RFCs regarding proper SMTP addressing and delivery methods.
- SFF Net will not accept email from systems that do not issue or respond to SMTP error and flow control codes correctly (i.e. 4xx and 5xx response codes at proper locations in the SMTP conversation).
- Sending servers must honor TEMPFAIL (451) codes with retry periods compliant with Section 18.104.22.168 of RFC 1123 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1123.html).
- SFF Net will reject all non-authenticated incoming email claiming to be from an SFF Net domain.
- Incoming email must have at least one valid recipient specified in the TO: field.
- SFF Net will reject email from unsecured systems such as open relays/proxies, virus-compromised hosts, etc.
- SFF Net may reject, or mark as presumptive spam, email from any system that does not have a valid forward DNS name.
- SFF Net may reject, or mark as presumptive spam, email from any system that does not have a valid reverse DNS name (a PTR record).
- SFF Net may reject, or mark as presumptive spam, email from systems that appear to use dynamically assigned or residential IP addresses.
- SFF Net will not deliver email that contains hex-encoded or numeric URLs.
- SFF Net will not deliver email determined to be spam, virus, worm, or other nuisance traffic.
List of FAQs