Odyssey has made a difference in the lives of many writers. Through our annual workshop and other educational programs and resources, we offer an in-depth writing curriculum; honest, concrete, detailed feedback; one-on-one guidance; continued support; and community with other writers.
The Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed with a simple yet inspiring mission: to help developing writers of fantasy, science fiction, and horror improve their work.
While college creative writing programs are numerous, few allow students to submit fantastic fiction, and even fewer have faculty and students equipped to provide insightful critiques on such material. By bringing together teachers and students who are familiar with fantastic fiction and who believe in its value as an art form, Odyssey allows developing writers to receive informed, insightful instruction and feedback.
Odyssey is based on the principle that writing is one of the hardest things a person can attempt, and that the journey to become the best writer one can be is lifelong. To help developing writers improve as much as possible, Odyssey creates demanding programs and encourages writers to strive for excellence. Odyssey works to create an environment that is supportive yet challenging, perhaps the most challenging that writers have ever encountered.
Odyssey depends on donations to meet its operating expenses each year. Our annual funding need is about $25,000. Only with your support can Odyssey continue to fulfill its mission.
You can donate to Odyssey by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card. You can also set up a monthly donation or make a bequest to Odyssey. Details are below.
The success of Odyssey depends on the wisdom and support of many. Thank you for your belief in Odyssey's educational mission.
Odyssey welcomes gifts in any amount. Every dollar helps!
- Rosy-Fingered Dawn ($1-$9)
- The Bow of Odysseus ($10-$19)
- Well-Fed Rams of Polyphemus ($20-$49)
- Eumaeus, the Loyal Swineherd ($50-$99)
- Laertes, Father of Odysseus ($100-$199)
- Tiresias, the Blind Prophet ($200-$299)
- Telemachus, Son of Odysseus ($300-$499)
- Penelope, Wife of Odysseus ($500-$999)
- Aeolus, Keeper of the Winds ($1,000-$2,499)
- Hermes ($2,500-$4,999)
- Athena ($5,000-$9,999)
- Zeus ($10,000 or more)
Those donating $500 or more will receive a thank you gift of an Odyssey jotter.
- Send your check or money order payable to Odyssey to Odyssey, P.O. Box 75, Mont Vernon, NH 03057.
- Donate via PayPal, a service that allows you to charge the cost on a credit card.
Thank you for your support!
Thanks for dropping by!...
- Donate with a credit card through GuideStar, a database of information about nonprofit organizations that allows you to easily support your favorite causes. Go to Guidestar.org, type Odyssey Writing Workshops into the search box, and then click on Donate. The site allows you to make a donation using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card.
- If you'd like to set up a monthly donation using your credit card, you can do so through JustGive, a donation portal that makes giving easy. Go to JustGive.org, type Odyssey Writing Workshops into the search box, and choose the Monthly Recurring Donation option. You can establish a monthly donation using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card.
- If you are interested in exploring other possibilities, such as setting up a scholarship in your name, or making a bequest by including Odyssey in your will, retirement plan, or insurance policy, contact Odyssey Director Jeanne Cavelos.
- All donations are tax deductible.
Except where noted, Content © 1996 - 2013
Odyssey Writing Workshops Charitable Trust
Updated Oct 17, 2011
send site feedback to