So this is sort of a catch-all page where I can link you to some resources, some friends, and some sites that are hard to classify. This is an incomplete list, and I will continue to add to it as I find more sites.
Resources for Writers:
- I'll start with Magical Words, the blog site I maintain with fellow fantasy authors Faith Hunter, Misty Massey, A.J. Hartley, and Stuart Jaffe. Magical Words is a site by writers for writers that deals with the craft and business of writing.
- You should also check out SFNovelists, another site to which I contribute regularly. SFNovelists is maintained by a group of over 100 published authors of fantasy and science fiction, and it includes a blog, as well as information about all our writers.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) is the authors' guild for the speculative fiction community. It's website includes a wealth of information for experienced writers and beginners alike, including information about markets and warnings about potential scams aimed at writers.
- Sff.Net, where this site is hosted, is home to the webpages of countless writers in a variety of genres. Take some time to explore!
- I am represented by Lucienne Diver of the Knight Agency. The Knight Agency site includes information about other Knight Agency authors, as well as an active blog site.
- Sites of some major publishers of speculative fiction: Tor Books, Roc/Ace, Pyr, Baen, Daw, Ballantine/DelRey,
- HarperCollins/Eos, Orbit, Tachyon, Luna, Solaris.
- Markets for short fiction: Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show, Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, Black Gate, Analog, Azimov's, Realms of Fantasy.
- Sites of some online 'zines in the genre: Locus, SF Site, Strange Horizons, SF Signal, Nth Degree, Fantasy Book Critic, SF Reviews, Fantasy Book Review.
Buying My Books:
I won't lie to you. One of the reasons I maintain this site is to get people to buy my novels. With that in mind, here are a few places where you can do just that.
Friends, Writers, and Other Critters:
First, the Magical Words Gang (Regulars and Guests)--
And some others: