Doris Egan is a novelist, short story author, essayist, and writer of television and feature scripts. She can do all this because she has no personal life to speak of. For more information on the books, stories, and scripts, click on the "Credits" option from the Table of Contents below. For tidbits and anecdotes about how Doris stumbles through life, see "They Told Me You Were Detail-Oriented."
**IVORY BOOKS TO BE REISSUED!**
I've gotten plenty of mail asking where to find the complete set of Ivory novels, and finally I have a good answer. DAW Books will be reissuing all three in an omnibus volume called, appropriately enough, The Complete Ivory. Publication is scheduled for September 2001. Woo-hoo!
Table of Contents
- Apology About Mail
- My bad. Click to watch Doris grovel.
- Appearances and Latest News
- Signings, conventions, panels.
- Credits -- Books, Stories, Scripts: or, Why We're Here Today
- (together with reviews, cover art, synopses, and excerpts)
- They Told Me You Were Detail-Oriented: My Life and Strange Times
- How I got to LA, what I'm doing these days, my trip to France, and anything else, as the mood strikes.
- Favorite Moments: or, I Get No Kick From Champagne
- Those moments in literature and drama that tickle my personal fancy. Feel free to join me in this game.
- Links To Adventure
- Meet my friends. They're strange, but you may like them.
- Online Discussion
- After June 15, I'll be joining the CNN MESSAGE BOARDS as a guest author.
I also have a newsgroup at SFF-NET.
Miss Emerson's At Home
- My footman has instructions to take your card. If anyone actually answers this, and I'm not inundated with work, I'll put some letters here and answer them publicly.
- At Home: Visit the Letter Column
- Pay a Call on Miss Emerson
The Chocolate Box
Tastes of Fiction Yet To Come
- City of Opal, Chapter One
- The first chapter of The Book That Never Ends.
- Price and the Countess
- The hero of "The New Tiresias" and "We Met Upon the Road" spends an evening out.
(For tastes of fiction already published, go to the Credits page.)
Digressions and Diversions (The Essay Corner)
- Why I Like Heroes With Unsolvable Problems
- The ignition point of a character.
- A Taste For Ingres
- Women, Age, Sensuality, and the Meaning of Life.
(This Web page is a work-in-progress. Things will be added as I write them. In other words, y'all come back again sometime, and make yourselves at home.)
This page was loaded to SFF-Net on September 7, 1998. Since then, 67815 people managed to find their way here. What this means for civilization is anybody's guess.
Yes, I have a guestbook now. Don't tell me I'm not cutting-edge. The courageous among you may wish to sign the Guestbook . Curious thrill-seekers, on the other hand, may prefer to view the Guestbook. Or, like me, you may want to go both ways. Note: The Guestbook is down right now, and it's probably going to be a while before I locate another guestbook service and get the code up on my page. Right now, about the only thing you can do is read the previous guestbook, below, since that one requires no linking code. Anyway, none of this is going to be fixed till the television season is over in May.
And then there's the Previous Guestbook I brought with me when I fled GeoCities.
Send mail to: JaneEmer@aol.com
This Author Ring site
owned by Doris Egan.
Click for the [ Next Page | Skip Next | Next 5 | Previous| Random ]
join the ring? Click here for info.
(c) Doris Egan
Sunday, August31, 1997
Last Revised: Sunday, April 1, 2001
For credits and information on the graphics used at this site, see my graphics page.