John D. Teehan
Heading to Torcon with stacks of Sleight of Hand #2 under my arm.
Want to download the PDFs? Do so here.
Check back here after Torcon for updates, galleries, reports, and more!
- I've just added a page outlining my freelance typesetting and layout services. If you're working on a publishing project, I ask that you take a look at some of the past work I've done.
- Weblog? Livejournal? Yes, I've hopped onto that bandwagon and started a weblog which is updated just about daily at http://www.journalscape.com/tumblewrite. I'm finding it a good exercise in daily writing with an audience in mind--while at the same time free to work out those thoughts and rants that ramble through my head almost constantly. I recommend folks considering weblogs to consider Journalscape. it's easy, quick, and full of features.
- Recent cover art can be seen at my new freelance page.
- Issue #2 of Sleight of Hand is still in the works. My apologies for those who have been waiting for Issue 2. Issue 1 is available here or get further information (including how to get a paper copy) at the Sleight of Hand Information Page.
- I made a visit to Boskone 40 this year. For photos of the trip and (eventually) a con report, check out my Boskone 40 Report Page.
2003: Deeds and misdemeanors (thus far)
- I've just put to press the second issue of the SFWA Bulletin. Subscriber copies will be hitting the mail soon after this posting.
- Strange Horizons has published my poem It's Not The Magic
- Similarly, they've published a review I did of Harry Harrison's 50-In-50. More stuff at Strange Horizons to come--be sure.
- The Complete Guide to Writing Fantasy will be coming out soon from DragonMoon Press in which my chapter "The Literary Roots of Fantasy" appears.
2002: Deeds and misdemeanors
- Just picked up a new gig. I'm now the Production Manager for the SFWA Bulletin. I'll be working with the new editor, Mark Kreighbaum, on continuing the fine tradition of quality the Bulletin has been known for over the years.
- Hugo-nominated Strange Horizons has printed my review of Robert Sawyer's Hominids.
- Digger Don't Take No Requests - This will be appearing in Low Port, an anthology edited by Steve Miller and Sharon Lee to be published by Meisha Merlin in time for the 2003 Worldcon.
- Literary Roots (and Vines) of Fantasy - This is be the opening chapter for a collaborative project called The Complete Guide to Writing Fantasy soon to be appearing courtesy of Twilight Times Books in October, 2002.
- David Eddings - Biocritical Essay - This will be appearing in Scribner's Supernatural Fiction Writers, 2nd edition, in September 2002.
- "What To Do When Aliens Land and the Visitors Come Out To Greet You (A Poem In Three Parts)" was sold to the Science Fiction Poetry Association publication Star*line
- Sleight of Hand - fanzine. This first issue includes contributions by such folks as Mike Resnick, Dave Langford, Janis Ian, and a number of other science fiction fans.
Subscribe to my sff.net newsgroup for information on what I've been working on, sending out, and updates to these pages, or e-mail me to be added to an update list. For the past year I've been handling the Official Mike Resnick Home Page and am overseeing its very busy mailing list. The Resnick Listserve is one of the very few mailing lists on the net where the author takes an active part in the discussions. Benefits of membership include: frequent updates on projects Mike's working on, stories and columns sent out by Bwana himself, and lots of active discussion on everything from writing to Africa to writing to fandom to writing. Subscribe at egroups, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/resnick or e-mail me to be added manually.
I'm a member of two writers groups. The first is RI_Fantastic which I started with some friends specific to the Rhode Island and surrounding areas. Presently we conduct critiques and SF and Fantasy discussion online, but there may be realtime meetings planned for the future. For information and subscription, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RI_Fantastic or e-mail me to be added manually. I am also a member of the Critters Workshop.
Feel free to drop me a line and say hello. I'm a fairly friendly person. I've a load of interests outside of writing as well. Below are a number of links to my off-site pages.
In 2001, this site was visited over 1,000 times! With 2002, we're starting anew.
You are visitor number 31817
The Off-Site Links
Tumbleweed's Photo Pages
Tumbleweed's Computer Shack
Tumbleweed's Anime and Manga Page
Tumbleweed's Guide to Learning Japanese
John D. Teehan / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / last rev. April 11, 2003 8:15 p.m.