Fiction or Fact? Who knows...
Back to Ken Wharton's Homepage
- The Search for a Hot Craps Table (or, The Effects of Temperature on the Outcome of Fair Dice)
- The Annals for Improbable Research (AIR) is a science-humor journal (formerly the Journal of Irreproducible Results) with a higher rejection rate than many top physics journals. The above link will take you to my first AIR publication. (This probably should be in the fiction section, but I'll put it in this category for now...)
- Stimulated Two-Photon Decay as a Probe of Future-Boundary Radiation
- I have removed this from the web for the moment, as it is being published in the conference proceedings where I presented the paper. Email me if you want a copy.
- Simple version of paper
- For all you non-physicists out there (or those who just don't want to slog through the above paper) here's the motivation for the above paper.
- Lasers of the Future
- Most of my research involves lasers, so when Physics Today had an essay contest ("Physics Tomorrow": research from the future) I submitted this entry. It won one of the 2 honorable mentions, but I didn't get any of the $5000 prize, alas! I'm still trying to figure out how to build it...